Thursday, July 17, 2014

Update on Chanel's Les 4 Ombres Multi-Effect Quadra Eyeshadows


  



I got some great information I think you would like to hear. It came straight from a Chanel friend...

The applicators that come in the quad are velour. They give a completely different look than a sponge applicator or a brush. The quads are not frosted, but have a luminous sheen which will soften aging and camouflage lines and wrinkles on the lids. Good news for everyone over 50!

Have Chanel's Brush #14? Give it a try for application.

Photos courtesy of Chanel

6 comments:

Eileen said...

Although I've never liked wearing tweed, it is an interesting fabric with which to work. Viewed close up, the individual colors are easily discerned, but as you move away, they blend to create an overall color impression that has depth and complexity. And, because that overall color is actually made up of several distinct colors, it never looks muddy. Isn't that an interesting concept to apply to a set of eyeshadows? I think Chanel's Tissé collection is a winning interpretation of tweed.

Nemo said...

Couldn't agree more, Eileen. I am on Rivoli today, just a couple more to go and then I'll start over again. Beautiful quads. CHANEL remains the leader in makeup I believe, both in product and innovation. These new quads give you a sexy, sultry look. Almost impossible to overdo it.

Melanie said...

I noticed that the applicators were velour, but tossed them -- they fell out as I opened the quad. I wonder if that might give a different effect.

Trying Gabrielle again today! Have eight more hours to go in this makeup, so fingers crossed!

Charlestongirl said...

Make sure to watch Chanel's video. I mentioned it last week, bit I didn't think anyone went off to watch.

Mamavalveeta03 said...

I missed the video, but let me go see if I can find where I placed my brain...
Thanks for the updated info!

Kiss & Make-up said...

I am still very far away from 50 but I am already noticing that not all eyeshadow finishes are flattering on the lids, so gimme gimme gimme that subtle luminous finish! :-)