Sunday, July 20, 2014

Clé de Peau Beauté Eye Color Quad in #302 from the Celestial Beauty Collection for Fall 2014

I purchased three new quads from Clé de Peau Beauté's fall's Celestial Beauty Collection. They had arrived at Neiman Marcus. There are eight available. I might have purchased more, but a majority of the quads offered at least one lavender shade, and lavenders are not my best colors.

Take a look above at #302 above, and you will see that the only difference between the old design and the new one is that Clé de Peau has finally seen the light and made all four shades equal in size. Besides the silly case price, the only thing that bothered me about Clé de Peau eye shadow quads was that they were less then generous with the tiny sliver size to the extreme right in the old quads. I have not yet detected any major difference in formula, although I've only had these new eye shadows for a few days.

I always purchase Clé de Peau Beauté Eye Color Quads ($55) in refills. The plastic containers are perfectly functional, with a lid, and I don't want to pay an additional $25 for a case. It seems so unnecessary.

I'm glad I was able to get photos this morning because it has been totally clouded over since about noon. I took my photos in full, late-morning sunshine. I decided to start this series with my favorite of the three I purchased, #302.

I swatched relatively heavily with a sponge-tipped applicator, starting at the left of the palette and moving toward the right as I worked my way down my arm. All four shades shimmer. The light, ivory pink at the left in the palette is very pretty. It's more flesh-toned than pink on the skin.  The olive green is unique and glorious. I love it! I think it's the centerpiece of this quad.

The darker pink is an interesting hybrid between heather pink and beige. It will work well for most skin tones, and it definitely does not lead to an albino bunny look. The metallic shade, far right in the palette, will reflect an undertone of green when worn with green; however, it's actually a charcoal grey.

I haven't had a lot of time to wear these eye shadows, so I'll report in a subsequent feature on wear time. It seems average to me at the moment.

I'm not sure where you can purchase this collection. Even Neiman Marcus did not have the entire collection - just the eye shadows and mascaras. Keep checking your favorite source for Clé de Peau Beauté. It should arrive within two weeks. Nordstrom told me they expected it late this week.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

6 comments:

VancouverChic said...

Hi CG,

These are stunning. I will keep a look out for them in Vancouver, BC. Thanks so much for the swatches - they are gorgeous!

Have a great Sunday!
Joanne ~ VancouverChic

Anonymous said...

So so envious.
None of the stores...Saks or Neiman or Bloomingdale is selling them. I want the purple set. Do you happen to know the weight of the entire package?

Charlestongirl said...

Anonymous, I'll get it tomorrow. I'm comfy, lying in bed.

Mary Ann said...

Saks in NYC has them. The SA called me last week. They are also on the website under new arrivals

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Mary Ann. A lot of people won't order from Saks because they charge shipping. They wait for NM and BG. I sure do!

Charlestongirl said...

Mary Ann, right now Saks does have free shipping. Yea!