Monday, October 28, 2013

Guerlain Crazy 68 Terracotta Healthy Glow Powder from the Holiday 2013 Crazy Paris Collection

I wasn't going to purchase Guerlain's Crazy 68 Terracotta Healthy Glow Powder ($69) from the holiday collection. I was going to be frugal, given that I have so many Guerlain bronzers. Frugal flew away with the wind when I was offered a 20% discount at Sephora. Now that I have this beautiful pressed powder compact, I think "frugal" could have led to a terrible mistake.

This matte bronzer is designed to revive dull winter skin. That's why it's special. It doesn't make me look brown; it makes me look healthy - as the name suggests.

Healthy Glow Powder warms the skin with a matte finish and creates a subtle, natural-looking glow complemented by winter light. The first-ever Holiday Terracotta, this powder features a delicate peach hue infused with invigorating bursts of pink. Apply it, and you'll experience a subtle, natural-looking glow that uplifts your lackluster or wan winter complexion.

I took swatch photos outdoors in full, mid-day sunshine. I applied a heavy swatch at the top of my arm with a sponge-tipped applicator, making sure that all colors in the compact were equally represented in my swatch. Then I used a kabuki brush to pick up all colors and apply a larger swatch below. When I applied the powder to my face, I swooned. It's one of the prettiest "bronzers" for my fair complexion I've ever used.

Look at the peach-toned beige shade! It's so natural when applied normally, it makes me look like me, but healthier. I could have made a huge mistake by not purchasing this powder. I'll wear it in every season - not just winter. If you have fair skin like I do, you'll find it a year-round blessing.

If your skin is darker than mine, perhaps you'll limit the use of Crazy 68 Terracotta Healthy Glow Powder to winter and switch to a browner powder bronzer when the cruise season starts - or later. Unless your complexion is very dark, I think you will find a lot to appreciate from Guerlain's holiday masterpiece.

Guerlain Crazy 68 Terracotta Healthy Glow Powder from the Holiday 2013 Crazy Paris Collection is available at all Guerlain counters and online at Sephora and other sites. If you had planned to skip it, I'd recommend you rethink that.

Photo at top courtesy of Sephora; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

20 comments:

Virginie said...

Hi CG,

I was actually planning to get this one, but don't know which form I want. The pressed or the pearls one??? Why did you choose the pressed over the meteorites one??

Charlestongirl said...

Virginie, I didn't. I now have them both. :)

Jo said...

Oh WOW! Ihat is gorgeous! I would never have thought by looking at it that it would apply so peach. I can see why it would look so great on you. I'm fair too so this would probably be a good match for me as well. I was going to completely pass this by but I have got to take a look at it the next time I'm at the Guerlain counter.

JudithDM said...

This is one of the most beautiful powders I have seen in a long time and it is getting raves! I am happy for it's lack of sparkle or glitter, which is everywhere in Holiday collections. I have ordered from Sephora and had a code for a deluxe sample as well as their three sample choices. So, no 20% off but I am happy. Thank you!

Jessica said...

Love it! Love the shade for its light and seem so natural on skin. I would love to try it out. This will be in my purchase list.

Claire said...

I think Guerlain makes some of the best bronzers in the market. This one is no exception!

Charlestongirl said...

So true, Claire. They are bronzer champs.

Charlestongirl said...

If you were lucky enough to be awarded Rouge level, you will be receiving a 20% discount card - one for you and one for a friend.

Anonymous said...

Lovely! Indeed not one to be skipped :-)

Christina said...

Ooh, so pretty! I don't own bronzers because they always look muddy on me, but I can't resist this one any longer. I think it's the colors and the pattern it's arranged in.

Thanks for swatching!

Eileen said...

No one, absolutely no one, does bronzer like Guerlain. In offering us a full spectrum of bronzer shades in various finishes, Guerlain has given us precise control over the amount of "sun" we apply on our complexions. The variety of natural shades means the warmth looks like it comes from some time outdoors; not a bronzer compact. For those of us with lighter skin tones, that is a major accomplishment as so many beautiful bronzer shades are simply too dark or too orange. So, kudos to Guerlain!

Like many people, I was originally perplexed by the idea of a bronzer in a winter collection and so I gave this a miss without even swatching it. Once I saw it on a fair skinned friend; however, I had the proverbial "Ah ha!" moment. I returned to the counter and let my delightful Guerlain gal sweep it across my cheekbones. It gave just a hint of warmth and a bit of lift and definition that wasn't there before. Sold! This beauty will have many of us rethinking the notion that a bronzer is primarily for summer :-)

Unknown said...

So there is no sparkle at all? This is very tempting..

VancouverChic said...

Wow CG this one is beautiful. I was hoping you would swatch it as I was wondering how it would do with rosacea skin and it looks like it would be a winner. I must must must check this one out! Thanks so much CGirl!

Warm Regards,
Joanne ~ VancouverChic

Moonchime said...

Thank you for this wonderful review, CG. The bronzer looks so beautiful. I love that it is matte. I'll be checking this out on my next visit to the Guerlain counter.

Chateepatee said...

Right with you on this one CG! I picked it up after I saw the first photos- although I am a devoted Paula Dorf bronzer gal- I like that this one has a touch of pink. I wear my PD powder year round-& I'm not inclined to give it up- but this is a nice variation.
So happy it's totally matte with no overspray or noticible shimmer. A nicely thought out product!

Eileen said...

Hi VancouverChic,

I have mild,well controlled rosacea and this bronzer doesn't add any additional red or pink tones. When I wear it, I just sweep it lightly in the usual bronzer pattern and eschew any additional blusher preferring instead to let the natural pink in my cheeks show through. It's really very pretty, but it does look best on lighter skin tones.

Unknown said...

Thankyou for the review. It might now show on my dark skin. Do u have any idea when sephora will have the entire collection online? I'm after the lipsticks and the vib sale starts on the 7th.

VancouverChic said...

Hi Eileen,
Thank you for the feedback. I do have a light skin tone like CG but I got the green eyes and the very red rosacea cheeks. So I am always looking for a color that is devoid of red or pink. I think this one would look really good with the Tom Ford Bronzer I have. You've convinced me ... it's on my birthday wish list lol lol
Warm Regards,
Joanne ~ VancouverChic

Sandra Sallin said...

You know, you are costing me a lot of money. I've now put down this Powder as a must buy. Where does it end? :)

VancouverChic said...

Hi Everyone,
Just got in my Guerlain today and it is the bomb! So totally awesome. The best buy this year besides the Tom Ford Bronzer and Tom Ford Bronzer Brush.

For those of you with rosacea cheeks - this bronzer is so incredible - it goes a beautiful peach devoid of red. The color is the perfect peach that masks the redness of rosacea. I have this beautiful glow. This is more than a 10 out of 10 it is a must buy. Trust me you won't regret it. The swatches CGirl did are true to color for a blonde with fair or even medium fair skin tone. It really is perfect - what more can I say. Buy it and you will be glad you did. I highly recommend!

Warm Regards,
Joanne ~ VancouverChic