Sunday, September 29, 2013

Chanel Rouge Allure Luminous Intense Lip Color

Finally, I got my hands on testers for Chanel's beautiful new Rouge Allure Luminous Intense Lip Colors ($34) and purchase three at Saks Fifth Avenue. They were having a well-attended three-day "Nuit Byzantine" event, and I felt lucky to be able to stop by on Saturday.

After greeting my Chanel friends, I went straight to work with the testers. Knowing the darker shades would not be "me," I started with the lighter ones, hoping that they would be as perfect as they are. I selected Gracile (#89), Ambiguë (#124), and Étonnante (#131) - excellent choices, in my humble opinion, for my coloring and tastes.

The next generation of Rouge Allure dresses the lips with unmistakable attitude. A new formula with concentrated, ultra-thin pigments offers radically intense color with full coverage and a satin finish. Leaves lips supple and protected with lasting comfort.

I was struggling with clouds when I snapped photos of the three shades. Finally, I got a break in the clouds and was able to snap this photo, showing, from left to right, Gracile (#89), Ambiguë (#124), and Étonnante (#131). The sun gave me more time to get swatch photos, shown on my arm in the same order, but from top to bottom.

You can see that the three shades offer luster without shine. The finish is satin, as advertised. Any shine you see in my photos, such as the shine on Gracile at the top of my arm, came courtesy of the direct sun. I am thrilled to have a full color range with these three shades: pink, plum, and peach. I think all three shades are gorgeous.

Ambiguë doesn't look very dark on my arm, but combined with my own lip pigment, it's about as dark a shade as I like. Its plum coloring is absolutely perfect for fall. Want more color? There are 15 limited-edition shades for you that range from nude to dramatic red.

These new lipsticks are available at Chanel's Web site and Chanel counters everywhere. I hope your own counter has the testers by now. The new Rouge Allure Luminous Intense Lip Colors are spot on for the upcoming season.

Photos at top and bottom courtesy of Chanel; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

18 comments:

Unknown said...

I will have to check these out!!!!

Moonchime said...

Oh, they look so pretty. I especially like Gracile and Étonnante. They must all look so nice on you!

Unknown said...

Gracile is gorgeous! xx

Liliana said...

Happy Sunday, CG.

These look so pretty and I guess they are about perfect for your style and look great on you.

Nemo said...

I am somewhat confused, Cg. Gracile is not new; I have owned it for about 2 years. I bought it as part of a prior collection. Ambique is new, and is part of the new Rouge Allure Collection Moire which launched this month. That collection is now available online at Chanel.com. The Chanel site shows 9 new colors, some limited edition; however, the stores are getting only 8 new shades, some limited edition. There are 2 new, limited edition nail polishes, too, as part of the Moire collection. Gracile was part of a launch that included Palpitante, Extatique, Seduisante and Exaltee.

Charlestongirl said...

Yes, Nemo. Some are re-promotes, and some on the display are old names, new formula.

Anonymous said...

What is the biggest difference between these and the Rouge Coco Shine lipsticks?

I am a huge fan of the Rouge Shine line... it has to be my favorite since I am not a huge lip color girl...

Great review!

~Monica

Dovey said...

Hi Charlestongirl,

I really like your Chanel Rouge Allure lip color picks! I've been trying to find good swatches of Gracile for some time now, and it's nice to see it featured here on Best Things in Beauty!

Chanel Ambiguë is surprisingly cool too! I wouldn't have guessed it swatched that way from the darkness of the bullet.

Anonymous said...

I have bought two of these - Etonnante which is lovely and the red one. They have a unique sheen - moire describes it well - and are not drying at all. The trouble is that I saw the Holiday holiday Chanel collection at Nordstrom and there is more gorgeous stuff to buy - among the items one very beautiful pink Rouge Allure. Thank you for reviewing these and have a good Sunday. We've had non-stop rain and storm here.
Tanja

grlnxdor said...

I'm loving the plum shade!

Sara said...

I was just thinking of fall lipsticks! These are gorgeous, and I was lookimg at the shade impulsive from the new rouge moire collection as well. - Sara

Charlestongirl said...

Monica, you may not like the super-saturated pigment if there. The Shines are my favorites.

Lisa C said...

Oh Lord, I can't look at these! I'm all over the new Dior lipsticks right now. Have you seen these yet? Or picked any up? They reformatted their formula, I believe they said it's back to the original formula. They also brought back an original shade. It was "9" and for this release its "999" and it's a beautiful red! I hope you get a chance to check these out!

Rosemary said...

Great post, CG. I love Gracile. Bought it last year, and it's the closest I go to a "nude" lip. Like you, I love the rouge coco shines best.

I'm checking all the time for swatches of Chanel Holiday. Can't wait!

Rosemary

Claire said...

I have Gracile, it's a very versatile pink. Also love the RA formula. V. nice choices, CG!

LoveSugarBabyDoll said...

Oh these look so pretty! How can I resist?

Mamavalveeta03 said...

Gracile is beautiful and quite like the colors I tend to wear. I agree with Lisa C, though: I am so into the advertising for the Dior Red lipcolors that are currently in mags, featuring the lovely Natalie Portman. I don't know if it's the ad or the lipstick, but I WANT it!!

solanace said...

I'll have to give these ones a try, as I'm a bit over the coco shines - or anything shiny on my lips. These sound lighter in feel and sheerer than the rouge cocos, are they really? Thank's!