Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Clé de Peau Beauté Palette de Voyage for Holiday 2012

Clé de Peau has introduced a stunning makeup palette just in time for the holidays. The limited-edition Palette de Voyage ($180) stopped me in my tracks at Neiman Marcus.

A daring voyage. An escape from the everyday. A chance to explore. An exciting opportunity - perhaps a chance to discover unknown facets of your beauty. Embark upon a voyage inspired by this season's makeup and be transported by all the wondrous types of beauty there are.

Despite a cadence that reminds me of Brad Pitt's Chanel N°5 advertisements, the makeup speaks for itself. The color selections are festive, yet perfect for everyday.

The palette,which was created especially for Holiday 2012, contains the following goodies, all packed in an elegant, snap-shut dark blue case.
  • A new Eye Shadow Quad
  • The Mascara deluxe sample
  • Extra-Rich Lipstick in R5
  • Cheek Color #3
  • Powder Eyeliner & Eyebrow Powders
  • Three applicators
I swatched the palette in batches in late-afternoon sun. I had to dash up to my neighbor's house because my own garden was shaded after the sun had dipped below the tree line.

I started with the gorgeous new eye quad. Introduced for this palette, it's as pretty as it gets. I swatched the quad shades left to right. Then I swatched the brow and eyeliner powders, which are shown at the bottom of my arm.

The gold is a beautiful shade with a stunning sheen. The peachy pink? A shade Clé de Peau has mastered before and presents in glamorous fashion in this palette. The chocolate bronze? Exquisite. One of my favorite shades, the golden beige, is one of the smallest helpings in the palette. I want more of it!

The brow shader is a fabulous shade for me. Because it's a powder, it's easy to apply only where needed, while controlling the depth of color. The eyeliner at the bottom of my arm is a fabulous shade when you don't want black, and it complements the colors in the eye shadow quad perfectly.

In my second batch of photos, I swatched the Cheek Color #3 and the Extra-Rich Lipstick in #5. The photos were taken at the same time of day - late.

The beautiful blush at the top of my arm is a pink-peach blend that should be perfect for almost everyone. It offers a sophisticated sheen that makes the color lively. The pretty red lipstick is the color of the season. Not too blue, not too warm, it's a holiday red that will thrill red lipstick lovers.

The mascara is black - as expected. The applicators? You'll want to use your own unless you are traveling - and this all-in-one set is a perfect take-along.Don't miss that cute little bow that's included separately in the box. It makes a tailored box feminine.

I know Palette de Voyage is pricey. When you add up the price of a Clé de Peau Beauté eye shadow quad, blush, lipstick (remember this one is not full-sized), and deluxe sample mascara, along with brow and liner powers, I think it's a justifiable price. I suspect I'll use the eye shadows and blush most often. I'd call this palette absolutely perfect if Clé de Peau had included a lip gloss.

Photo at top courtesy of Nordstrom; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I understand why you scooped this lovely kit up so quickly. The neutral shadows balanaced with the deeper lip colour would make a stunning makeup application.

Oh dear, it just went on the "want" list.

Makeup Mistress said...

oh how gorgeous...just can't get it in South Africa...sob sob. but may be worth buying online, and waiting a month for delivery!?!...!?!

tika said...

i love the packaged, the leather look so elegant...
natural eye shadow and pink blush on is just love~
but i dont really like their 'red' lipstick :|
and omg, its soo expensive, for real $180 ?!

Tonya J said...

What a gorgeous palette! I love everything in it!

Mary Ann said...

What a beautiful kit! I love Cle dePeau, I have never been disappointed with anything I bought from them. I use their foundation, it is pricey, but is the best I've used.

LuvJ said...

Such a breathtaking palette! Quite costly, but the colors are practical enough to be used on a daily basis.

Bearbobear said...

Hi! I happened upon this gorgeous kit in Bangkok, and was also stopped dead in my tracks. After some swatching, I decided I really just needed the eyeshadow quad. The SA pointed out that the new eye quad colors are a combination of the #203 eye quad (peachy pink + beige shades)and the #204 eye quad (gold + chocolate bronze shades). Both quads are from the permanent line. Since I already have the #203 eye quad and #3 blush color featured in the kit (also in the permanent line), eyebrow powder, and mascara, I was happy just to buy the #204 eye quad refill. Saved me quite a few pennies...which were ultimately spent on Chanel Holiday items...

Sherry B. said...

Wow! This would have stopped me in my tracks, too, CG! Totally out of my price-range, but it is indeed beautiful and completely wearable. I love the packaging!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Maureen!

Finally, off from work for the week. It's an elegant kit. I love the case! Crazy, huh? I usually find cases discardable.

Charlestongirl said...

A month will go by before you know it, MM.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Miss Ripleys,

The red lipstick is my least favorite item in the palette.

Charlestongirl said...

Added to your wish list, Tonya?

Charlestongirl said...

Totally agree, LuvJ!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Bearbobear,

You are way too practical. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Sherry, the packaging makes the palette. I think I might have skipped by it had I not seen the packaging first. Then the quad and blush grabbed me.