Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel Luminous Bronzing Powder for Summer 2012 - Swatched

The sun came out, just in time to show you swatches of Chanel's Soleil Tan de Chanel Luminous Bronzing Powder ($60) for Summer 2012. I love both of them. They are both soft and eminently wearable. No drama - just pretty, light bronze color.

Sable Rose (#917),shown directly above, is the darker of the two and definitely has a warm rose tint. Sable Beige (#907), shown at the bottom of this feature, is a peachy-beige or light tan shade, a wonderful color for light-skinned gals who don't want to look muddy (I'm not sure who would).

My swatch photos were taken in early-morning sun. The swatches were applied heavily with a sponge-tipped applicator, which I ran over all shades top to bottom to blend them. Sable Rose is shown at the top of my arm, with Sable Beige below.

Both have a tiny sparkle to them - nothing over the top. I'm including three photos here to try to show you the colors in different outdoor lighting conditions.

I'm smitten with both of them, and while $120 was an "investment" for two, I don't know how I could have chosen one over the other. I'll wear Sable Rose as a blusher.

These bronzers may not be "flashy," except for the wonderful striped pattern in the compact, but they are going to be loved for their effect on the skin. Definitely check them out. They are arriving at Chanel counters across the United States.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

7 comments:

Suselew said...

I wish the lighter one was a bit peachier because it simply seems a bit too dull. Beyond the attraction to the compact, I'm not sure these look like anything unique to me. Perhaps I'm missing something that is more apparent in person?

Nawi said...

thanks for posting. Will you be using sable rose only as a blusher? Have so many blusher do not need more. And I really should not get both (there expensive)? Help?

CGirl said...

Oh I thought I was going to be able to skip these, but I am in love with the lighter one. My only bronzed is the rose one from last year, so I may have to pick this up. I love the gold in it. Thanks for the gorgeous swatches!

Walls said...

Thanks for the swatches. I am tempted to buy Sable Rose! I need another blush/bronzer -- not!

yesplease1816 said...

Dear lord, how am I ever going to choose between all the AMAZING bronzers available right now? I'm SO torn between the YSL Terre Saharienne Collector in Tanned, Dior's Nude Glow or Healthy Glow, Bobbi Brown's bronzing powder, and now, Sable Beige and Sable Rose. I wish I could just get all of them--but if I want to be able to eat for the next month, I think I have to whittle it down to at least 2.

jenn erin said...

I am so tempted to buy Sable Rose! So pretty.

Nawi said...

After seeing them in person I understand why you could not choose between the two they are both so unique and beautiful got them both after all did not want to regret not getting one afterwards because this LE bronzers always sell out fast here. Thanks so much for posting!