Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Bobbi Brown Bobbi's Spring Picks - Rose Gold Long-Wear Cream Shadow

Sometimes, you have to purchase a set to get one item you want. Such was the case for me with Bobbi's Spring Picks ($85), currently exclusive to Neiman Marcus. While the items in the set are fabulous, I already had everything except that one special item: Rose Gold Long-Wear Cream Shadow. It was worth the money to me to buy the set, knowing I'd use all the components when I run out of my current stock.

The Bobbi's Spring Picks set is called the essential set for spring. You get a nice selection of Bobbi Brown products for the eyes with a purchase.
  • Caviar Ink Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner
  • Rose Gold Long-Wear Cream Shadow
  • Black Lash Glamour Extreme Lengthening Mascara
  • Dual Ended Long-Wear Cream Shadow/Ultra Fine Eyeliner Brush (short)
  • EXTRA Eye Repair Cream
  • Instant Long-Wear Makeup Remover (fabulous stuff!)
  • A Rose Gold Cosmetics Bag (with a zipper close)
This limited-edition set is the epitome of pretty. Luminosity and definition come together for an eye look that's classic and fresh. It features the much-loved Long-Wear Cream Shadow and Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner, a super-lengthening mascara, and the skin care you need to pamper the delicate eye area. I love Bobbi's EXTRA products.

Here is the Rose Gold Long-Wear Cream Eye Shadow that cost me the kit. It was worth every penny. I adore it! I took a few swatch photos, but I have to admit that none of them do this amazing eye shadow shade justice. It's beyond pretty.

Bobbi's Long-Wear Cream Shadow has a velvety-smooth formula that applies easily and lasts all day without creasing or smearing. It's one of my favorite cream shadows. Clearly, others like it too because it has won a Best of Beauty award from Allure magazine (2011) and Elle's Genius Award (April 2010). It deserved those accolades.

Look at the color! It's rose gold, but it also has elements of the copper that's so trendy right now. It coordinates beautifully with the Rose Gold Shimmer Brick and other Rose Gold Collection masterpieces. I'm still marveling over the must-have beauty of the collection.

I'll admit I'm a rose gold addict. It's a shade that looks great on me - and everyone else I think. Bobbi Brown hit the jackpot with the Rose Gold Collection. I'm not sure how Neiman Marcus earned an exclusive on this fabulous set, but it's available in stores and online. I purchased mine at Neiman Marcus Mazza Gallerie. If you haven't already seen the set, check it out. Even if you already own all the rest of the pieces in Bobbi's Spring Picks, you'll need the Rose Gold Long Wear Cream Shadow.

Photo at top courtesy of Neiman Marcus; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this color. Could you let me know if it has any noticeable shimmer/glitter specks? I love pearly colors - but find anything more than that distracting.

Charlestongirl said...

None, Anonymous. It's a beautiful sheen.

lizzybee said...

Just a gorgeous color!! xo Beth in Pgh ;-)

Mamavalveeta03 said...

I wonder if this is going to be a part of the regular line? I hope so!

Charlestongirl said...

Isn't it, Beth? It's one of those get-it-now shades.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi MamaVal,

I checked with Bobbi Brown. There are, unfortunately, no plans to make Rose Gold permanent. Sigh. I'll have to ration mine.

Mamavalveeta03 said...

Bummer...It's time for a few new colors in the Long-Wear Cream Eyeshadow line. I'll get it NOW! Thanks, A!

Little Red said...

Not part of the permanent collection? Bad decision. If it's as nice as Shimmer Wash Eye Shadow version, it's going to be gorgeous. I guess I'll just buy the Shimmer Wash version instead.