Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Sea Star Bronzing Blush from the Bronze Goddess Soleil Summer Color 2011 Collection.

What a pretty blush! Estée Lauder's new Bronze Goddess Sea Star Bronzing Blush ($34) has a design that attracts and a summer color that's perfect for fair-skin types. Introduced with the Bronze Goddess Soleil Summer Color 2011 Collection - Estée Lauder always offers a nice summer collection - this piece stands out.

Called a blush of endless summer, the Sea Star Bronzing Blush provides what Estée Lauder calls a shimmering, sun-kissed color to enhance your tan. The description should have been broader. Some of us don't tan, but we like to look healthy and pretty.

One nice features of this compact is that you can use it as a blusher or light bronzer. I have tried using it both ways and love it. You can even wear it over your regular, matte bronzer for a light glow. For a more dramatic glow, apply to the apple of your cheeks, on your temples, and down the center of your face.

It's hard to pick up just the starfish shade, although it can be done - just not with a blush or bronzer brush. I actually love the starfish shade and am willing to use a smaller applicator just to use it alone. Note to Estée Lauder: This shade would be a great blush introduction!

It's easy to blend the colors across the compact. When you do, you'll get color with less pink. You can see in my swatch photo, taken in outdoor sunlight, that the overall, blended color at the bottom has a warmer, golden peach tone, while the warm pink from the starfish at the top is beyond pretty. I applied these shades with a sponge-tipped applicator to get enough color to show you in a photo. Had I used a brush, the color would have been a subtle, shaded, golden glow on my arm.

The starfish is raised. I won't know how deep those pigments are until I use the product down to the base, golden peach shade. Others have found it super-shimmery; I didn't. I think it shimmers lightly. They may have had darker skin than I do, which is why I think this is a lovely summer accessory for fair-skinned types.

I purchased mine at Neiman Marcus. The Bronze Goddess Sea Star Bronzing Blush should be available at all Estée Lauder counters, and it is available at the Web site. Bloomingdale's starts a gift with purchase event today. If you are interested, don't waste any time. Most years, items from the summer collections sell out quickly. I expect this year to be the same, given the conservative way the stores have been ordering stock.

Photo at top courtesy of Estée Lauder

8 comments:

KathyT said...

This blush looks so pretty! I will have to check it out at the mall when I go to check out the Dior lipsticks from your other post. This blog can be dangerous to my pocketbook! I have been really impressed with the offerings from Estee Lauder lately, and I've gotten a couple of eyeshadow palettes. Their Doublewear foundation is a staple for me. Thanks for the review.

lovethescents said...

I'll echo KathyT and say this looks so pretty! If it's good for fair skin people, then it might be too light for me. At least I wont' have to bother trying this on considering all the other blushes I've been after lately....hello Chanel Tweed Corail :-)

Charlestongirl said...

At least I'm spreading the happiness, Kathy! Hanging around with me can be hazardous to your wallet.

Charlestongirl said...

Lovethescents, some of the bloggers who have much darker skin felt it was heavily pigmented and recommended using a fan brush. Go figure. Not my experience. :)

Heather Elyse said...

i've always wanted to try the bronze goddess collection and this blush looks too good to pass up. great review!

Charlestongirl said...

Thank you, LovelyMissMakeup! You going shopping? :)

lovethescents said...

Charlestongirl, thank you for the tip but you lost me at fan brush. I adore makeup and like to use it everyday but I am so far from being a pro....I have so much to learn!
(I just learned what stamping your concealer means :-) )

Charlestongirl said...

Hey gal!

It's a brush that is shaped like an open fan that deposits only a tiny bit of pigment on the skin. :)