Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Red Flower Kinmoxei Wild Lime Silk Oil

Red Flower Kinmoxei Wild Lime Silk Oil ($44) has been one of my bathroom staples for years. I realized this past weekend that I had never written about it - or any other Red Flower product I use. I'm changing that today!

Kinmoxei Wild Lime Silk Oil was inspired by the fifth step of a Japanese cleansing ritual that has been perfected by centuries of attention to the sensual and thorough art of caring for the body.

The first thing you notice about Kinmoxei Wild Lime Silk Oil is the unusual, exotic fragrance. The blend of the beautifully tiny, yet intensely scented, kinmoxei flowers and hints of wild lime, vetivert, and ylang ylang in rice bran, leave the skin fragrant. The bergamot and wild lime help to warm and stimulate the skin to bring a healthy glow to the surface. Rice bran and monoi oil, which are high in vitamin E and fatty acids, add moisture and antioxidants that are quickly absorbed. The blend of penetrating nutrients leaves the skin soft, scented, and radiant.

Its key ingredient is concentrated hydrolyzed silk for true softness that renews the skin and leaves it supple and healthy. Natural silk proteins provide intensely penetrating moisture to smoothe and soften the skin.

The company says to dispense several highly penetrating drops into your hands and blend the oil generously into water-misted skin (or skin still damp from bathing). Then deeply massage the oil from the nape of your neck to the bottom of your feet, becoming aware of the radiant energy circulating freely throughout your entire system. Believe! The experience is warming and pleasant. I've also been known to spritz bath water with the oil and just soak in the aromatherapy treat.

Red Flower (which technically should be all lower case, but that hurts my eyes) was launched nationally in 1999 at Barneys New York with six flower candles and two organic flower teas. The line continues to evolve and grow, with over a hundred products, each with a generosity of scent, health, and environmental consciousness, performance, and integrity - all of which make Red Flower so innovative (and good for you). The products are entirely free of drying agents and harsh preservatives. They are not tested on animals. The ingredients are 100% botanically based and essential oil-derived. The packaging is 77% post-consumer recycled paper, and it's printed at a 100% wind-powered plant. You can feel good about using Red Flower products.

You can find them at many sources now. A few are Barneys New York, LuckyScent, the Red Flower Web site, and Amazon.

Photo courtesy of Red Flower

6 comments:

Unknown said...

sounds like it has amazing scent! i am looking into trying body oils instead of lotions and butters and this sounds like a good alternative

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Anna, I think you would like it. For one thing, no rose. :) Then, there's the wonderful lightweight feel to body oils. I think they are perfect for summer!

Unknown said...

This sounds like a marvelous product and a great line--cruelty-free, thoughtful packaging, high-quality naturals are always preferable for me. Thank you so much for sharing this product!

Clarisse said...

Hi Charlestongirl!
This seems to be an amazing oil! I do not know the brand but I understand why you love this particular Kinmoxei Wild Lime Silk Oil! My skin just loves oils too: I have a bath/shower oil and several others I use in massages to nourrish it: I prefer them to moisturizers!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Clarisse,

I love oils and creams, but there is something about oils - the way they make my skin glisten - that compels me to favor them every summer.

Charlestongirl said...

Daseined,

There are a few lines I boycott because they do test on animals. That's just not "right." Thanks for caring!