Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Clinique Juiced Up Beauty Collection

Clinique has a new collection, Juiced Up Beauty, and like many of the collections that have arrived at stores recently, it's very pretty. Who doesn't like pretty?

The collection features new limited-edition compacts for face and eyes, High Lengths Mascara, and Vitamin C Lip Smoothie Antioxidant Lip Colours. The face and eye compacts have enticing berry patterns in them. I can't resist gorgeous compacts.

All Over Color in Mixed Berries ($29.50) not only looks fabulous in the pan, it's very pretty on. It is not as highly pigmented as you might imagine at first glance. This is a perfect blusher for me - the color matches my natural blush. I swirl my blush brush around all of the colors and apply. Love it!

All Over Color is actually designed to be used anywhere on the face. It's a long-wearing powder that creates a sheer, subtle radiance that "looks fresh and stays fresh." Sweep it over your entire face for a luminous glow, brush it on cheekbones to highlight, or use it as a blusher - your choice.

There are two F
resh Picked Eye Shadows ($17.50) in the collection: Fresh Picked Berry and Fresh Picked Pear. Fresh Picked Pear, shown here, was my choice. It has a great neutralizing base color and a subtle green that's "wearable" for all skin tones. Really nice! The other shadow in the collection is Fresh Picked Berry - one I can't wear because I avoid pinks and plums on my eyes. I think dark-skinned beauties will love the berry colors. I envy my dark-skinned friends for their ability to wear a wider range of colors!

The High-Lengths Mascara ($14.00) comes with a high-tech wand that applies just the right amount of product to lengthen your lashes without adding clumps. The mascara comes in black and black-brown. I have favored Clinique mascaras for many years. They do what they promise for the best "department store price" you can find.

There are three Vitamin C Lip Smoothies ($17.50) featured in the collection: Nude-tricious, Mango-Thon, Pink Me Up, and Goodness Grape-cious. Check out this Best Things in Beauty link for more information about Vitamin C Lip Smoothies. They are lipstick and lip gloss in one, powered by antioxidants to protect your lips.

I really like Clinique's color collections. They always introduce colors that work for me! I first spied this one at Nordstrom and came home with the Mixed Berries All Over Color and Fresh Picked Pear Shadow. I'll go back for a few of the Vitamin C Lip Smoothies as soon as my checking account gets a refill.

You will find Juiced Up Beauty at Nordstrom and wherever Clinique is sold.

Photos courtesy of Nordstrom

2 comments:

Bonnie C. said...

I'm loving the eye and face mosiacs! I love when they do designs in the powder like that. So pretty, and nice colors. :-)

Charlestongirl said...

Me too! I am always hooked by a pretty compact! If they are too pretty, I don't even want to use them. My Chantecaille big cats come to mind.