Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Avon's Smooth Minerals Blush

Recently, Kari reviewed Avon's Smooth Minerals Blush on Fabulous Over Forty. I'd like to second her opinion!

A couple of weeks ago, when I repeat-ordered my True Color Eye Shadow Quads, I decided to try Avon's Smooth Minerals Blush ($10). The price was right, and the colors looked lovely.

Here's an edited version of what Avon has to say about this new minerals product.

New formula with our 100% naturally derived mineral complex. Contains pure mineral pigments…and enriched with vitamins. Free of talc, oil, and fragrance. Great for all skin types, even sensitive skin. Infused with our mineral glow pearls, Avon’s mineral blush illuminates cheeks and helps to bring out the skin’s true vibrance. Featherlight, airbrushed finish for a healthy radiance.

I agree, Avon! These are nice blushers. I purchased two shades: Blushing Mauve and Rose Radiance. Both of these shades worked beautifully on my pale face. What's amazing to me is how little product produces all-day radiance. I started with a tiny amount of product, expecting to layer on more. What a surprise that "tiny" was enough! These may last "forever," or at least until a new mineral blusher grabs my attention. I'll admit that my attention span for makeup can be short - always moving on to the next best thing.

These blushers do have some ingredients I don't like, such as methylparaben, propylparaben, and retinyl palmitate. They seem out of place to me in a minerals product. Fortunately, they are well down the ingredient list, so their quantity is probably limited in each blusher.

If you are in the minerals market, you might want to give one of these a try. Available from Avon's Web site or your local Avon rep.

Photo courtesy of Avon

No comments: