Monday, August 10, 2009

Chanel's Levres Scintillantes Glossimers

Chanel's Levers Scintillantes Glossimers ($27) are among InStyle's 2009 Best Beauty Buys. I can see why!

Advertised by Chanel as having "intense frost," they are anything but frosty. Instead, they add an intense shine when used alone or over a lipstick. I think they're great. They feel good on the lips - they have a gel texture that is not sticky-tacky - and they do last a reasonable amount of time, both on the lips and in the nice-sized tubes.

Available in 38 shades, these lip glosses cover every shade of the rainbow. Two colors were introduced with the Fall Venice de Chanel Collection, Arlequin (bright gold) and Courtisane (full-bodied pink). I forced myself to choose only one and came home with Courtisane, which I can wear with or without lipstick. I wouldn't use the gold color alone.

I also have some of the "older" ones, including Nebula, and another called #128 on the bottom. Since the box for #128 is long gone, I have no idea what the name for that shade is. Sigh! No matter, though, what my favorites are. There are so many fabulous colors, there will be at least a few that are right for you.

If you go to look at these, make sure to test them on your finger pads. The colors do look a bit different on skin than they do in the tubes - as a rule, even better!

You can find these at Chanel online, Saks, Nordstrom, Macy's, and wherever Chanel products are sold.

Photo courtesy of Macy's.

No comments: